This healthy roasted red pepper dressing is bright and flavorful! The perfect colorful and nutrient dense addition to brighten up any dish. Not only delicious with a healthy green salad, but also pairs well with chicken and salmon! Paleo + vegan friendly!
A quick note on this recipe! The original version of this post was published back in 2015. Since then I’ve re-tested the recipe, updated the photographs, and the content. I’m republishing it for you today to enjoy! I hope you continue to make and love this delicious and healthy salad dressing. xo
I am totally a believer in the power of a perfect salad dressing. You know the one: the texture coats your salad greens PERFECTLY, and there’s just enough sweet, sour, and salty to hit all the right notes. It adds something unique to your meal but never over power’s the other flavors.
That my friends, is this healthy roasted red pepper dressing in a nutshell.
SALAD GAME ON, BABES!
Ingredients for roasted red pepper dressing
If you’re looking for one healthy swap that you can make in your kitchen right now that requires the least amount of effort and has the most impact, look no further than making your own homemade salad dressing.
Generally speaking store bought salad dressings have so much JUNK in them. Highly processed fats, sugar, high fructose corn syrup, binders, gums, preservatives, and dairy.
This roasted red pepper dressing is made with healthy and clean ingredients that are good for your body and taste damn delicious, too.
The ingredients you need are:
- Roasted red peppers
- Honey or maple syrup for a vegan option
- Lime juice
- Apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar
- Harissa paste OR cumin and a pinch of red pepper
- Dried oregano
- Olive oil or avocado oil
- Salt and pepper
How to make this roasted red pepper dressing
It’s INCREDIBLY easy to make – one of those everything-just-goes-in-your-blender recipes. As easy as pressing a button!
Alternatively you could make this healthy dressing in your food processor – either one will work.
Process it until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed. Taste and add more salt if needed.
Enjoy your healthy homemade roasted red pepper dressing immediately over a crisp green salad or store it in a jar in the refrigerator for up to a week!
Why this roasted red pepper dressing is healthier than store bought dressing
So many store bought dressings are full of unhealthy fats, preservatives, and random ingredients. The best way to make sure your salad dressing is healthy and nourishing is to make it yourself!
This roasted red pepper dressing is made with only clean ingredients like roasted red peppers, lime juice, olive oil or avocado oil, and lots of flavor boosters. No gross ingredients or funny business here!
This roasted red pepper dressing would be delicious with:
- With your favorite green salad
- Kale salad dressing
- Drizzled over roasted vegetables
- As a dip for fresh cut veggies
- As a sauce alongside chicken or fish
- As a sauce for tacos or taco salads
- As a marinade for your favorite protein
This dressing is already dairy free and paleo friendly.
To make this recipe:
- Vegan – simply swap the honey for maple syrup
- Whole30 – substitute 1 date that has been softened in some boiling water for the honey/maple syrup
A few notes on this recipe
- This recipe for healthy homemade roasted red pepper dressing is a squeaky clean and flavorful sauce that is delicious with everything from salad to protein!
- If you have harissa paste, go ahead and use it, but if not don’t sweat it. More often than not I end up using the dried cumin + red chili combo instead.
- It will keep in your refrigerator in a covered jar for up to one week.
- If the dressing separates after being refrigerated, simply give it a good shake before using.
For other healthy homemade sauces check out these recipes!
- The Best Dairy Free Ranch Dressing
- Easy Garlic Dill Cashew Sauce
- 5 Minute Paleo Green Onion Cilantro Sauce
This healthy roasted red pepper vinaigrette is bright and flavorful! The perfect colorful and nutrient dense addition to brighten up any dish. Not only delicious with a healthy green salad, but also pairs well with chicken and salmon! Paleo + vegan friendly!
- 1/2 cup of roasted red peppers – jarred or roasted at home
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon harissa paste OR 1/4 teaspoon cumin + a pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or blender and process until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed. Taste and add more salt if needed.
- Enjoy immediately or store in the refrigerator in a covered container for up to one week.
Did you make this recipe? I would love to know how it turned out! you can leave me a comment below, or snap a picture and post it to instagram with the hashtag #nyssaskitchen! xo