This creamy collagen boosted iced coffee is made with your favorite cold brew coffee, almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla, a pinch of sea salt, and of course, collagen! Super easy to make and a seriously delicious caffeinated pick-me-up.
All the iced coffee lovers in the house raise your hands! 🙋🏼 I am that girl that drinks iced coffee all year round. Maybe a little less in the winter than in the summer – but really only because most coffee shops stop making cold brew after Thanksgiving 🙄.
I do ALSO love a steaming hot cup of joe when the timing is right, but if I had to pick one – it would be iced.
How about you guys? Team hot coffee or team iced coffee? I feel like that could be a very polarizing question…
Not looking for a fight… just trying to keep it real babes 😝
I actually photographed this recipe forever ago.
Like probably the beginning of summer. Which is a little embarrassing to say.
But I was making it and sharing it on my Instagram stories and just kept getting all the questions about it – so I thought that’s probably a sign that y’all would love a recipe! But then everything summer happened, my life got stupid crazy, and now here we are tip toeing the line between summer and fall and I’m all – HERE’S THAT ICED COFFEE RECIPE, GUYS!
Oh well, I hope you still love it anyways. Because it’s pretty bomb dot com.
So what’s up with the collagen?
Collagen is a structural protein that is required for many basic functions of the human body. It helps keep our joints, tendons, nails, hair, skin and even bones healthy. I do get asked about collagen peptides a lot, but I’m not going to go into TOO much detail about health benefits, etc. because there’s so many amazing comprehensive articles out there that do a much better job than I could. These are some articles from sources I trust if you want to learn more:
I will however tell you some of my favorite things about incorporating collagen into my regular health regimen:
- It makes my nails super strong and grow faster than ever before
- It has helped increase the integrity of my digestive / gut health
- When you blend it with drinks – hot or cold – it makes them frothy AF 💯
So you could make this iced coffee without the collagen, but then you’d be missing out on some potential health benefits AND the most serious layer of foam you’ve ever seen in your life. Like an absurd amount, really. Foam that makes you wanna have a dance party in your kitchen just you and your latte.
Which is really what makes this iced coffee more special than most iced coffees. A little more creamy and a little more *extra*. A “special” iced coffee, for a special morning, or to make any morning special 😉
That’s the power of collagen, my friends.
- 4 oz cold brew coffee OR 2 teaspoons espresso powder plus 4 oz water OR 2 shots of espresso
- 4 oz almond milk or another milk of choice
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- maple syrup, honey or coconut sugar – to taste
- 1 big scoop collagen powder
- 2 teaspoons MCT oil (optional but recommended!)
- additional add ins: any superfoods or adaptogens of choice (maca, chaga, reishi, cacao, etc)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high until nice and frothy.
- Pour into a glass with ice and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Category: drink
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: coffee, easy, collagen, blender, mct oil, breakfast, naturally sweetened