These maple chili glazed carrots with thyme and pomegranate are an easy and delicious side dish for your holiday table. roasted carrots are savory, sweet, and loaded with fresh and bright pomegranate seeds to delight your taste buds! Gluten free, paleo, and vegan.
Okay guyssss! The final stretch to Thanksgiving dinner is here.
Our dinner plans are made and most of my shopping is done.
AKA my refrigerator and pantry are now absolutely at their max capacity 😛 Hiiii 18 pound turkey! 👋🏼
We might have to eat out for the next few days since I’m pretty sure literally nothing else will fit in the refrigerator. Anyone else?!
We’re not traveling to see family for this holiday, but instead taking it easy and eating all the yummy things and giving thanks with the perfect little family of friends that we’ve got here in Seattle.
Which means that even though we’re hosting, we kind of get off easy on the cooking portion of things, because we’re doing the big turkey dinner potluck style.
I’ll be making:
- These maple chili roasted carrots
- Paleo (and vegan!) healthy green bean casserole
- A gluten free southern style stuffing (bacon included 💯)
- Two kinds of gravy – my gluten free and vegan mushroom gravy, and this more classic style nut-free gluten free gravy
- This stunning holiday hummus from With Food and Love for pre-dinner snacking.
- Plus an apple tangerine rum spritz cocktail to get the good vibes rolling while we finish making all the tasty things in the kitchen.
Everyone else is filling in the rest!
how to make maple chili glazed carrots with thyme and pomegranate
This is a super easy and healthy recipe for glazed carrots that involves two main steps:
- Roasting the carrots in a hot oven with a healthy cooking oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and some chili flakes (if you want them spicy! Otherwise the chili flakes can be left out)
- Tossing the carrots with a little maple syrup, lemon juice, fresh herbs as soon as they come out of the oven and finishing them with bright and sweet pomegranate seeds for that little bit of EXTRA.
Seriously so easy and DEVOUR-ABLE.
That’s a word, right? If it isn’t, it should be. And these maple chili glazed carrots with thyme and pomegranate would be the first example in the dictionary.
They are sweet, savory, and bright, with varied texture and so much FLAVOR!
Plus, because the recipe is made without butter or any kind of refined sugar, it is much healthier than a classic glazed carrot recipe. Leave the dairy, gluten, and sugar behind and you can still have a beautiful, classic, and flavorful side dish to bring to your holiday table!Print
These maple chili glazed carrots with thyme and pomegranate are an easy and delicious side dish for your holiday table. Paleo, vegan and oh-so-yummy! Savory and sweet – loaded up with fresh and bright pomegranate seeds to delight your taste buds!
- 2 bunches of carrots, or about 2 lbs – make sure they are all about the same size, and if they are wider than an inch thick, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- a few grinds of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of chili flakes – Aleppo chili flakes are my favorite, more flavor, subtler spice (optional)
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Wash and peel carrots, or simply scrub clean. If they are less than an inch thick, leave them whole, if they an inch thick or bigger you may want to cut them in half lengthwise.
- Toss on a baking sheet with avocado oil, sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder and chili flakes.
- Roast in the oven for about 25-30 minutes, removing half way through to toss – until tender and caramelized.
- When carrots are done, toss with lemon juice, maple syrup and fresh thyme. Top with pomegranate seeds and serve.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: thanksgiving, christmas, holiday, side dish, vegan, paleo, carrots, roasted