These maple chili glazed carrots with thyme and pomegranate are an easy and delicious side dish for your holiday table. Paleo, vegan and oh-so-yummy! Savory and sweet – loaded up with fresh and bright pomegranate seeds to delight your taste buds!
- 2 bunches of carrots, or about 2 lbs – make sure they are all about the same size, and if they are wider than an inch thick, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil, ghee or coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- a few grinds of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of chili flakes – Aleppo chili flakes are my favorite, more flavor, subtler spice (optional)
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Wash and peel carrots, or simply scrub clean. If they are less than an inch thick, leave them whole, if they an inch thick or bigger you may want to cut them in half lengthwise.
- Toss on a baking sheet with avocado oil, sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder and chili flakes.
- Roast in the oven for about 25-30 minutes, removing half way through to toss – until tender and caramelized.
- When carrots are done, toss with lemon juice, maple syrup and fresh thyme. Top with pomegranate seeds and serve.