This festive pomegranate champagne cocktail is the perfect drink to serve for your holiday celebrations! Made with vodka or gin, pomegranate juice, lemon juice, maple syrup, and sparkling champagne. Bright, bubbly, and so delicious! Non-alcoholic mocktail option.
The best champagne cocktail for the holidays
You can always count on a festive, bubbly cocktail to set the mood for holiday parties! There is something about serving up a signature drink that makes the event feel all the more special.
This pomegranate champagne cocktail would be the perfect drink to serve for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Years Eve.
It’s light, bright, and packed with some delightfully juicy flavor thanks to the pomegranate juice and fresh lemon juice.
Why you’ll love this cocktail recipe
- Bright and bubbly
- Perfectly sweet tart
- The prettiest shade of red
- Easy to make
- So delicious!
Ingredients and substitutions
This easy cocktail is made with just a few ingredients. There are also a few simple substitutions that can be made that I’ll share below.
Here’s what you need
- Vodka or gin – Just a small amount of vodka or gin are used to perk up this champagne cocktail for a subtle play off a French 75. Use whichever one you prefer, or leave it out all together for a lower ABV drink.
- Maple syrup – Maple syrup adds a warm, velvety note to the sweetness of this cocktail, but you could easily substitute regular simple syrup instead.
- Lemon juice – Fresh lemon juice is a must in my opinion! It adds the cleanest, brightest flavor to lift up the other flavors and balance out the sweeter notes.
- Pomegranate juice – Pomegranate juice brings the bright red, rosy hue to this drink. If you can’t find pomegranate juice cranberry juice also works.
- Champagne – I would look for a mid range champagne or sparkling wine for this drink – it doesn’t have to be anything too fancy. The main thing to consider is that you’ll likely want something on the dryer side so the drink doesn’t end up too sweet. Prosecco or a brut champagne would be excellent options.
- Pomegranate seeds & rosemary – Pomegranate and rosemary sprigs add a special finishing touch as the garnish to this drink.
How to make this pomegranate champagne cocktail
Making this festive drink at home is super simple! Even if you don’t have any experience mixing homemade cocktails you’ll be able to pull this one off no problem.
Here’s the step-by-step
- Mix the pomegranate cocktail base. Add vodka or gin, pomegranate juice, maple syrup, and lemon juice to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake until well chilled.
- Strain into 2 champagne glasses and top with champagne. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and rosemary sprigs.
- Serve and enjoy!
What bar tools do you need?
These are the tools you’ll need to make this cocktail:
- A cocktail shaker
- A strainer – if your shaker doesn’t have one built in
- Something to measure the spirits and other ingredients with – This could either be a jigger or simply some measuring spoons.
Can you make a non-alcoholic version of this drink?
Absolutely! To make a kid friendly mocktail version of this drink you just need to make a couple of easy swaps.
- Leave out the vodka or gin.
- Substitute the sparkling wine with sparkling water, kombucha, or sparkling apple juice.
When to serve these festive pomegranate champagne cocktails
These stunning cocktails would be perfect served as:
- A Thanksgiving dinner drink
- Happy hour beverage
- Christmas Eve dinner drink
- New Years Eve cocktail
- Holiday cocktail
- A party starter
- Weekend holiday brunch drink!
Love this champagne cocktail? Try these other NK cocktail recipes!
- Easy Espresso Martini
- Eggnog Espresso Martini
- Spiced Hibiscus Vodka Sour
- Spiced Apple and Tangerine Spritz
- Jungle Bird Cocktail
- Red Wine Tangerine Spritz
If you enjoyed this recipe we’d love it if you take 5 seconds to rate and review it below. It’s also super helpful to me and other readers if you share any changes you made to the recipe. Thank you for sharing your kitchen with NK 🙏🏼 We are so grateful you’re here!Print
This festive pomegranate champagne cocktail is the perfect drink to serve for your holiday celebrations! Made with vodka or gin, pomegranate juice, lemon juice, maple syrup, and sparkling champagne. Bright, bubbly, and so delicious!
For the cocktail
- 1 ounce vodka or gin
- 1 ounce maple syrup or simple syrup
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 2 ounces pomegranate juice
- 4–5 ounces champagne or sparkling wine
- Pomegranate seeds
- Rosemary sprig
For a lower ABV cocktail skip the vodka or gin.
If you can’t find pomegranate juice cranberry juice is a good substitute.
To make a kid friendly mocktail version of this drink leave out the vodka or gin, and substitute the champagne with sparkling water, kombucha, or sparkling apple juice.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: cocktail
- Method: shaken
- Cuisine: holiday
Keywords: cocktail, happy hour, party, vodka, gin, pomegranate, christmas, thanksgiving, new years eve