Say hello to THIS gorgeous number! 5 ingredient cashew beet snack dip is here to rock your snack loving world in the most beautiful and delicious way. Besides being such a looker it’s also good for you inside and out – made with beets, soaked cashews, garlic, white or red wine vinegar and salt. THAT’S IT! Crazy easy and crazy good.
This recipe falls decidedly into my favorite category of recipes – SNACKS!
I almost started this post with “snacks are made for summer time eating”. But then I backspaced my way out of that one real quick because I honestly don’t think there’s a time of year where a good snack doesn’t have a place at the table. Amirite?
You guys on team snacks, too? Then you’ve gotta get in on this one. It takes the dip game to the next level.
It was one of those accidental recipes (those are my favorite!) that just sort of happened one thanksgiving when I had an extra batch of cashew cream in the fridge that I didn’t use up when making this gravy, and some extra roasted beets from this recipe. In search of a yummy snack we added those two things plus a few extra goodies to the food processor and this 5 ingredient cashew beet snack dip was born.
I’ve honestly been meaning to share the recipe with you guys for like, um, forever.. but somehow it ended up at the bottom of my blog post ideas list and I just kind of forgot about it (gasp! I know.) until my best friend who helped me come up with the recipe told me she had just made it for a party. And then I snapped back to my senses and put it right back at the top of my list.
I’m sorry. Forgive me. So silly for waiting so long.
how to make this 5 ingredient cashew beet snack dip
First of all, I know what you’re probably thinking. This dip looks half stunning and half super intense because BEETS but I promise you with every snack loving bone in my body that all the flavors work together in perfect harmony to create something above and beyond what they ever could be on their own. And that’s some straight up classic kitchen magic right there.
So often store bought creamy dips are made with lots of dairy, binders, preservatives, fillers and who-knows-what-else. But why should you miss out on all the snacking/dipping fun just because you don’t want all that ish in your life?
This dip is here to save the day because it’s made with only the good stuff.
Also only 5 INGREDIENTS, YOU GUYS! So so easy. Which I think should be a pre-requisite for all snacks. Because when you’re in the mood for a snack and it takes longer than 15 minutes to make it’s just not right.
This 5 ingredient cashew beet snack dip is made with:
- steamed / roasted beets
- soaked cashews
- fresh garlic
- white / red wine vinegar (either one works great)
- + a little water (that’s a freebie ingredient, right? 😛)
BOOM! Bright pink magic.
That’s all there is to it, babes! Easy as can be and destined for your next snacking spread, because dip this good deserves to be shared 💕
5 ingredient cashew beet snack dip is here to rock your snack loving world in the most beautiful and delicious way. Besides being such a looker it’s also good for you inside and out – made with beets, soaked cashews, garlic, white or red wine vinegar and salt. THAT’S IT! Crazy easy and crazy good.
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in boiling water for at least an hour, or up to overnight
- 8 oz beets, cooked until very soft (about 4–5 very small beets, or 2 medium sized) – steaming or roasting work best
- 1–2 cloves of garlic (to taste)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white or red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- Cook beets by either steaming or roasting. For a much fast cooking time you can first cut them into 1 inch pieces.
- Drain soaked cashews (they should be plump and fairly light in color) and add them along with all other ingredients to your food processor or high speed blender. Either one will work, but your blender will give you a smoother result.
- Process on high until all smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides every so often. Taste, and add a little more vinegar or salt if desired.
- Serve with cut raw veggies and crackers and ENJOY!
- I have made these with the Trader Joe’s pre-cooked baby beets and while they totally work I did NOT get even close to the same color when the dip was done. It was more of a pale dusky pink situation. Which kind of makes me second guess using beets like that, since a lot of the good stuff in food is in the bright colors!
- Will keep in the refrigerator for about a week. If it starts to smell different or look super watery it’s time to toss it.