5 ingredient cashew beet snack dip is here to rock your snack loving world in the most delicious way. Besides being such a looker it’s also good for you inside and out – made with beets, soaked cashews, garlic, white or red wine vinegar and salt. THAT’S IT! Crazy easy and crazy good. Paleo, vegan, and gluten free.
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in boiling water for at least 30 minutes, or up to overnight
- 8 oz beets, cooked until very soft (about 4–5 very small beets, or 2 medium sized) – steaming or roasting work best
- 1–2 cloves of garlic (to taste)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white or red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- Cook beets by either steaming or roasting. For a much faster cooking time cut them into 1 inch pieces.
- Drain soaked cashews (they should be plump and fairly light in color) and add them along with all other ingredients to your food processor or high speed blender. Either one will work, but your blender will give you a smoother result.
- Process on high until all smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides every so often. Taste, and add a little more vinegar or salt if desired.
- Serve with cut raw veggies and crackers and ENJOY!
- I have made these with the Trader Joe’s pre-cooked baby beets and while they totally work I did not get even close to the same color when the dip was done. It was more of a pale dusky pink situation. For the brightest dip, use freshly steamed beets.
- Will keep in the refrigerator for about 4-5 days.
- Category: snack
- Method: food processor
- Cuisine: healthy
Keywords: snack, beets, spring, brunch