Who loves milkshakes?! 🙋🏻 I dooo! And what I love even MORE is a shake made with no dairy and no artificial ingredients, which is why I’m sharing this super easy recipe for a strawberry coco ceramsicle shake!
It’s the bees knees!
There’s something about the first day of spring that always launches me straight into a lighter, brighter mindset when it comes to food, adventure and footwear, haha! (I’ve been wearing my flip flops almost every damn day! Even in the rain – maybe that’s why I’ve somehow caught ANOTHER cold?! My mother would not approve).
But YOLO, right?!
This smoothie was kind of made out of a happy accident. An I-have-no-groceries-in-my-house kind of accident. All I could find in my freezer for making a smoothie was strawberries.. and I had some coconut, and then I thought, why not make this into a strawberry coco creamsicle SHAKE situation!?
Turning a lack of ingredients —> a creation worth celebrating = a win in my book!
I think there’s a larger life lesson there… 😝
But getting back to it, this recipe really could not be any easier. I know I say that a lot – I think I just like keeping things simple + delicious, life is already complicated enough!
Also – I haven’t tried it with another type of frozen fruit (yet!) but I’m pretty positive that you could substitute anything else in this recipe and it would be amazing. There’s something about frozen fruit, coconut cream and vanilla that just works.
I could literally go on and on. It’s a talent of mine 😉
Using coconut cream instead of coconut milk is pretty key here if you want to achieve that “shake like” quality – it adds extra fats and thickness to make this a truly indulgent drink. But if you’re in a pinch you could absolutely substitute regular coconut milk, it will just turn out a little bit thinner.
Trader Joe’s recently started carrying a 13.5 oz size can of organic coconut cream without any extra fillers + stabilizers and it’s my new best friend (maybe I need to get out more?) for recipes like this.
Here’s to a happy weekend, loves! I’m guessing you probably have all of these ingredients at your house and could easily whip yourself up a strawberry coco creamsicle shake as a treat for yourself as you dive into fun weekend things! Because we all deserve a good old fashioned treat every once and awhile 🙂
Did you make this recipe? I would love to know how it turned out for you! when you rate my recipes and leave feedback it helps me continue to improve. you can leave me a comment below, or snap a picture and post it to instagram with the tag @nyssaskitchen or hashtag #nyssaskitchen! xo
strawberry coco creamsicle shake! A super easy real food indulgence made with frozen fruit, coconut cream, and vanilla, for those times when you just wanna treat yo’self!
- 1 13.5 oz can coconut cream
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup of cold water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 12 oz package frozen strawberries
- 1 tsp – 1 tbsp maple syrup (or more to taste – this largely depends on a) how sweet you like your dranks – duh, and b) how ripe your strawberries actually were when they were frozen. TJ’s organic frozen strawberries needed a little extra help)
- pinch of sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a blender, coconut cream + water first, starting out with the smallest amount of water, and adding as you go only if needed to get everything blending. You can also start with the smallest amount of maple syrup (or none at all if you wanna give that a shot first), and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Taste and sweeten with a little more maple syrup if desired. Serve topped with a few fresh strawberry slices and ENJOY!