This strawberry coconut milk shake is a dairy free DREAM! Essentially a vegan strawberry milkshake made without ice cream – it is thick, creamy, and made with only 5 simple ingredients! A healthy plant based frozen treat that is made for warm summer days!
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 13.5 ounce can of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional, or to taste)
- tiny pinch of sea salt
- water to thin if needed
- Add all ingredients except water to a blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Stop to scrape down the sides or use the blender tamper to get things moving as needed.
- If the shake is still too thick to blend no matter how much stopping and scraping you do, add a tiny bit of water at a time until the blades are able to “grab” the milk shake and it starts to blend freely.
- Serve immediately in two glasses and top with some fresh strawberry slices if desired!
- Category: drinks
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: american