this!! 👆🏼for weekday morning breakfasts! I am so smitten. like monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday head over heels.
these seriously easy + make ahead (!!!) mango lassi’s with honey and cayenne have healthy-glowing-grab-and-go breakfast written all over them. pluuus they have me feeling quite a bit better about getting out of bed before the sun is up these days (because yes that is happening and yes I’m kind of in denial that the days are actually getting shorter).
so however dark my mornings are getting there’s at least still plenty of summery fruit like these mangos hanging around at the grocery store (and in large quantities in my freezer, ahem). and as far as I can tell slipping them into a blender with some plain yogurt, a little honey and some cayenne pepper is a perfectly fitting way to enjoy them. especially as a bonus for walking out the door on time in the morning because you had your breakfast all ready and waiting for you in the refrigerator in a pretty little jar of a package!
and that extra awesome make-ahead friendly bonus that’s happening here? it’s the real deal. these mango lassi’s taste just as good on the third or even fourth day as they do on day one. ohh boo-yaaa!! from my experience they will keep perfectly for at least 4 days – as long as the yogurt that you use is relatively fresh.
your next move? a big batch of this made on sunday, portioned into jars that will be waiting for you to grab each morning! I’m betting that this will put you well on your way to a happy & healthy week with satisfied mornings!! enjoy friends. 😘Print
mango lassi with honey and cayenne
a super healthy and refreshing mango yogurt drink, lightly spiced and perfect for a weekday morning breakfast!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Drinks
- 3 cups diced fresh mango*
- 1 1/2 cups plain whole fat NON greek yogurt (I have tried this recipe with greek yogurt and it ends up being way to thick to be drinkable, but if this is all you have you can thin things out with a little milk or water)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne (can be adjusted or omitted according to your spice preference)
- 1 tbs honey (may need more or less depending on the sweetness of the fruit)
- a pinch of salt
- 5 ice cubes
- combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- taste, and adjust honey and cayenne if necessary. may also be thinned with a little water or milk at this point if the consistency is too thick.
- serve immediately or reserve in the refrigerator for a quick and healthy breakfast or snack!
*you could also use frozen mango, but if you do I would leave out the ice cubes, and add a bit of water to get the right consistency.
Did you make this recipe? I would love to know how it turned out! you can leave me a comment below, or snap a picture and post it to instagram with the hashtag #nyssaskitchen! xo