This bright and refreshing spiced vegan mango lassi is the perfect warm weather drink! A vegan twist on a classic yogurt based Indian drink that’s made with with fresh or frozen mango, dairy free yogurt, ice, cardamom, and cayenne for a little kick!
- about 1 1/2 cups cut mango – fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup of coconut yogurt
- 4 ice cubes
- 1/2 cup of water + more to thin as needed
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- pinch of cardamom
- small pinch of sea salt
- honey or maple syrup to sweeten (optional – as needed)
- Blend all ingredients together in a high speed blender until smooth and creamy.
- Taste and add a little natural sweetener if desired. Thin with a little more water if needed.
- Serve, sip, and enjoy!
- If using frozen mango you may want to reduce or omit the ice cubes so that the lassi is not too thick.
- Can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Honey / atlaufo / champagne mangoes are my favorite mango to use in this recipe!