This whole30 caesar salad dressing it one of my all time favorite dairy free salad dressings! It is rich, lemony, garlicky, insanely creamy, and full of punchy flavor. And when you start with some of my easy Whole30 avocado oil mayo or a Whole30 compliant mayonnaise it comes together in less than 5 minutes! Can be made with or without anchovies. Whole30, paleo, dairy free, keto, and gluten free.
If you asked me what my favorite meal of all time was, my answer would most definitely include a very large Caesar salad. There is just something about the crisp greens cloaked in such an incredibly flavorful + rich dressing that brings me to my knees every single time. True salad craving material! Who’s with me on that one?!
I’ve been making my own homemade dairy free caesar dressing for awhile now, but for some reason haven’t shared it yet. And since my dairy free Caesar dressing is Whole30, now seemed like the perfect time to bust it out! I’m sure that you are going to love it as much as we do.
Why you’ll love this Whole30 Caesar salad dressing
This dairy free caesar dressing recipe is:
- Thick & creamy
- Easily made without anchovies
- Umami rich
- Bright + lemony
- Gluten free + dairy free
- So super delicious!
Whole30 Caesar salad dressing Ingredients
This homemade dairy free Caesar salad dressing is made with a few simple ingredients that are whisked together to make the most luscious dressing. That means this dairy free dressing falls into the category of a “pantry friendly” recipe that you can whip up any day of the week! The only fresh ingredients you need are garlic and lemon juice – everything else you’ll probably already have stocked in your pantry 🙌🏼
(If you’re already ready to get started, scroll all the way down to the bottom for the full recipe!)
Here’s exactly what you need to make this whole30 Caesar salad dressing:
- Whole30 compliant mayo – I often use my easy avocado oil mayonnaise because it takes less than 5 minutes to whip up and is less expensive than store bought versions. But you could also grab a jar of Chosen Foods Mayo or Primal Kitchen Mayo.
- Lemon juice – Fresh lemon juice adds such a lovely brightness to this caesar salad dressing!
- Garlic – As much or as little as you like, but I usually use 1 decent sized clove.
- Mustard – Either smooth dijon or a whole grain mustard. Personally I love the texture of grainy mustard but it’s totally up to you! Just make sure to check the label if you’re doing a Whole30, as some mustards have added sugar or wine.
- Anchovy paste OR coconut aminos – I find that either of these ingredients add the right amount of umami rich flavor that we all crave in caesar salad dressing.
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Olive oil – Olive oil or avocado oil would both work to finish this creamy dairy free salad dressing.
How to make Whole30 Caesar salad dressing
Here’s the step-by-step instructions
Step 1: Gather your ingredients
If you’re making your own avocado oil mayonnaise, start with this step. Otherwise simply gather all the ingredients – Whole30 compliant mayo, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, anchovy paste OR coconut aminos, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
Step 2: Whisk together all ingredients except olive oil
Add all ingredients except olive oil to a medium sized bowl and whisk well to combine.
Step 3: Whisk in olive oil
Slowly pour olive oil into mayonnaise mixture, whisking as you pour – until smooth and emulsified.
Step 4: Season to taste + serve!
Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. If storing for later use you may need to quickly whisk it together again before using.
Can you make this caesar salad dressing without anchovies?
Yes! This dairy free Whole30 caesar dressing can easily be made without anchovies. I recommend adding some coconut aminos in their place so you don’t miss out on any umami rich depth of flavor.
Does Caesar dressing have dairy?
Many store bought Caesar salad dressings do have dairy in them, along with lots of other unwanted ingredients like processed vegetable oils, high fructose corn syrup, and even hidden wheat.
Additionally, many Caesar dressings at restaurants will have parmesan cheese in the dressing.
But that’s the beauty of this dairy free Whole30 compliant dressing recipe! It is so incredibly easy to make and will undoubtedly satisfying your Caesar salad dressing craving.
Is Caesar dressing Whole30 compliant?
The short answer is maybe so, maybe not. It really depends on the Caesar salad dressing. If you’re eating out, ask if their Caesar dressing has dairy, wheat, or sugar in it. If not, it’s probably safe. There are a few store bought options for Caesar salad dressing that are Whole30 compliant, like Primal Kitchen or Tessamae’s (they even sell individual sized packets that you could take with you on the go!).
How long does this Whole30 Caesar Salad Dressing keep in the refrigerator?
This dairy free Caesar dressing will keep in the refrigerator for at least week, likely longer. If storing for later use you may need to quickly whisk it together again before using.
What to serve with this homemade Caesar salad dressing?
This healthier Caesar salad dressing is a delicious dressing for a classic Caesar salad with romaine lettuce, or for a heartier nutrient dense kale Caesar salad.
It also makes a great dip for your favorite paleo snacks or pizza crust!
Love this Whole30 Caesar Salad Dressing? Here’s some other whole30 sauce recipes to try!
- The Best Dairy Free Ranch Dressing
- Fast and Easy Romesco Sauce
- Dairy Free Everything Bagel Spiced Ranch
- 5 Minute Green Onion Cilantro Sauce
If you love this easy dairy free salad dressing please let us know by leaving a REVIEW and RATING below!
And make sure to sign up for our newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for more Nyssa’s Kitchen recipes! And if you make an NK recipe be sure to snap a picture & tag @nyssas_kitchen! I LOVVVE seeing what you’re making from the blog 🥳Print
This whole30 caesar salad dressing it one of my all time favorite dairy free salad dressing! It is rich, lemony, garlicky, insanely creamy, and full of punchy flavor. And when you start with some of my easy Whole30 avocado oil mayo or a Whole30 compliant mayonnaise it comes together in less than 5 minutes! Can be made with or without anchovies. Whole30, paleo, dairy free, keto, and gluten free.
- 1/2 cup whole30 compliant mayo – homemade or store bought both work
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic, grated or very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon whole30 compliant dijon or whole grain mustard
- either 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste OR 1 teaspoon coconut aminos
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Add all ingredients except olive oil to a medium sized bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Slowly pour olive oil into mayonnaise mixture, whisking as you pour – until smooth and emulsified.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. If storing for later use you may need to quickly whisk it again before using.
- Category: dressing
- Method: whisk
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: mayo, salad, dressing, caesar, romaine, kale, whole30, dairy free, paleo, gluten free