the little kid in me is a bit slushy obsessed. & this spicy animal slushy is my grown up version of my little kid obsession. if that makes sense. I think I have a brain freeze 😳…
what makes it a grown up slushy? not alcohol..ahem..but instead all the good things that might help you recover from too MUCH alcohol (I’m looking at you, summer bbq 😉) – lemon, ginger, turmeric, cayenne pepper and fresh pressed apple cider make this icy spicy little number sing songs of healthy restorative + refreshing perfection. and if you’re not into the spicy thing, the cayenne can easily be left out. no problem-o.
and all those super star ingredients will get YOU one serious dose of anti-oxidants, anti-inflammatory compounds, electrolytes and metabolism boosting properties. so whether you’re fighting off a cold, looking for a way to ease your hangover or just want something hella healthy to keep you from melting in the summer heat – this slushy is here to rescue you.
think of it as a glowing-golden-frozen super hero of sorts.
did you make this recipe? I would love to know how it turned out for you! when you rate my recipes and leave feedback it helps me continue to improve. you can leave me a comment below, or snap a picture and post it to instagram with the tag @nyssaskitchen or hashtag #nyssaskitchen! xoPrint
spicy animal slushy is healthy summer refreshment at its finest! this icy treat is made with fresh pressed apple cider, lemon juice, ginger, turmeric and cayenne – packed with anti-inflammatory and immune boosting goodness.
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider or unfiltered apple juice
- 10 ice cubes
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 3/4 inch of ginger, grated or finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground turmeric (if you can find it you may substitute with 1 tbs freshly grated turmeric)
- a dash or two of cayenne pepper (optional – a little goes a long way!)
- pinch of black pepper (to activate the turmeric)
- a little water
- Add 1½ cups fresh pressed cider, 10 ice cubes, lemon juice, ginger, turmeric and cayenne to blender and blend until smooth. Add water a little bit at a time to get it blending smoothly if needed
- Category: drink