Is there really a better way to start the week than with a little (okay maybe a lot of) chocolate?! I can’t think of one… That’s why we’re gonna celebrate this fabulous Tuesday with some mini salted mocha chocolate chunk CHICKPEA FLOUR cookies!
They’re gluten free, and kind of amazing.
I have to say, that before this recipe, I hadn’t had a cookie that really tasted like a cookie in a very long time. Too long, if you ask me!!
These lovely little bites of guilt free sweetness are soft and cakey, flecked with bits of dark chocolate (drizzled with more), and topped with just the right amount of flakey sea salt to keep you coming back for more.
I owe all of this brilliance to the beautiful Monique over at Ambitious Kitchen. I stumbled upon her recipe for chickpea flour cookies a couple of weeks ago when I was searching for a gluten free (grain free, actually!) sweet tooth fix. And they are pretty much the best thing everrrr.
You can find her original recipe, here.
I decided to create a little spin off of the original recipe by adding some coffee, making them mini, and drizzling them with MORE chocolate (because if you’re gonna go for it, you might as well really go for it – amiright?).
They come together quick as can be – and if you make them mini, as I did, you’ll have more cookies than you’ll know what to do with. Which is a pretty great problem to have. Especially for the people in your life who get to be the recipients of said extra cookies 😉.
The hardest part about making these cookies is waiting long enough for them to cool so you can drizzle them with melted chocolate and sprinkle them with flaky sea salt.
Now if you love a good Tuesday salty, chocolatey, chewy, coffee hinted treat as much as this little lady does, follow your heart and dig into the recipe below!
Did you make this recipe? I would love to know how it turned out for you! when you rate my recipes and leave feedback it helps me continue to improve. you can leave me a comment below, or snap a picture and post it to instagram with the tag @nyssaskitchen or hashtag #nyssaskitchen! xo
Mini salted mocha chocolate chunk chickpea flour cookies are the most perfect gluten free cookie that you’ll ever sink your teeth into! Baked to perfection and flecked with bits of chocolate, a hint of coffee, drizzled with MORE chocolate and sprinkled with bits of flaky sea salt like every great cookie should be.
- preheat oven to 350
- Whisk together chickpea flour, salt and baking soda and set aside.
- Melt the ghee with the instant coffee (that way you can be sure the coffee granules melt). Whisk melted and cooled ghee + coffee, coconut sugar, vanilla extract and the egg together until no sugar crystals // instant coffee bits remain.
- Mix wet ingredients with dry, should be a fairly thick batter, and will not seem like very much but trust me it goes far!!
- Chop half of the chocolate into chunks and stir into batter.
- Roll into 3/4 inch balls, and lace on a parchment paper lined sheet, leaving about an inch of space in-between each one. You will probably need to bake them off in two batches.
- Bake for about 8 minutes, until they begin to brown on the edges.
- Allow cookies to cool.
- While cookies are cooling, chop and melt remaining chocolate + 2 tsp coconut oil. If chocolate seems too thin, let it sit on the counter to cool for a little while.
- Once cookies are cool, drizzle with melted chocolate, sprinkle with flaky sea salt, and allow chocolate drizzle to harden before serving.
To speed up the process of the cooling the drizzled chocolate, you may move the baking sheet to the freezer for several minutes!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min