I am having a moment with a salad again. I mean look at it! 😍 pretty stunning, right? go ahead… take all the time you need!
I’ll blame my current obsession with this salad on the peaches. I seriously cannot get enough of them this summer!! like holy moly! I’ll probably cry when they’re gone…even with loads of them saved in the freezer. because summer fruit! it really doesn’t get any better.
I’m usually not even a fruit-in-my-salad kind of a girl but when we’re talking about a baby kale salad with sweet juicy peaches, salty feta cheese, and toasted almonds? well that’s a compleeetely different story.
sign me up.
plus, in all it’s tasty flavor balanced glory there’s only 4 ingredients besides the super simple homemade dressing. simple + delicious = winning. yay food math!
this radiant salad is best served immediately after tossing, or your baby kale will get really wilted and your almonds will lose their crunch. and then you you might be a little bit sad. let’s not be sad about a salad. you could definitely prep everything & keep all the components separate & ready to toss when you want to serve.
if you can’t find baby kale you could easily substitute another tender and flavorful green such as arugula, spinach or spring salad mix. personally I would not substitute regular kale since it’s on the hardier side and your peaches might get smushy when you try and make a perfect bite. perfect bites = everything. (more food math! geeze who am I? 😝)
so now’s the time where you go buy some more of those perfect summer peaches before they disappear from the grocery stores and farmers markets! then make a yummy baby kale salad with those peaches, some feta and almonds. pair it with whatever makes you happy and then you can have a moment with this salad too.
😉 don’t worry your secrets safe with me!
baby kale salad with peaches, feta cheese and toasted almonds
a simple, healthy salad made with baby kale, sweet sliced peaches, salty feta cheese and toasted almonds.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: salad, lunch
- 4-5 big handfuls of baby kale or other tender, flavorful green
- 1 big peach thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced toasted almonds
- 3 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbs finely diced red onion
- put about 4 big handfuls of baby kale in a large salad bowl.
- in a jar shake together red wine vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt and finely diced red onion.
- dress salad greens only. you may want to another another handful of greens as they will reduce in size a bit after being tossed with the salad dressing.
- taste and adjust salt and honey if necessary.
- when ready to serve add peaches, almonds and feta, tossing gently again to combine.
- serve immediately, garnished with a bit more feta cheese and toasted almonds.
Did you make this recipe?
I would love to know how it turned out! you can leave me a comment below, or snap a picture and post it to instagram
with the hashtag #nyssaskitchen! xo