Did you guys catch that last post for easy garlic dill cashew sauce? It made me so happy to hear that lots of you have already made it and everyone is loving it! And since a lot of you already have it happily sitting in your refrigerator, why not make these roasted beets + carrots and drape some of that easy garlic dill cashew sauce and pistachios right over the top.
I promise you the combination is out of this world.
As I’m sure you do too, I love roasted vegetables. So, SO much. But when we get a few months into the roasted vegetable season (aka what even is this PNW winter we’re having?! It’s like a cold snap that never ends) I always find myself looking for ways to… re-invent the roasted veggie wheel.
And so the lovely mingle of roasted beets + carrots with easy garlic dill cashew sauce and pistachios (because who doesn’t love a little more texture) was created.
The beauty of the recipe is its elegant simplicity. If you’ve already got a jar of that fancy (not so fancy bc it’s totally easy to make) + delicious easy garlic dill cashew sauce sitting in your refrigerator, there’s not much more to do except scrub up some carrots and beets, roast them until they’re melt-in-your-mouth tender on the inside and crispy edged on the outside, and spoon some sauce over the top, garnishing with some toasted pistachios and a little more fresh dill if you’ve got it. Sounds pretty simple, right? And when you take your first bite you’ll understand that whole elegant part… it’s like these flavors were meant to be together (who knew roasted vegetables and sauce could be such a romantic idea!)
This dish can be served with so many other things, or eaten on it’s own with a fried/poached egg on top for a little extra protein.
Don’t like roasted beets and/or carrots? Why not try this recipe with regular or sweet potatoes, some charred broccoli or oven roasted kale (yes this is a thing and it’s delicious! think somewhere between braised kale and a kale chip.. yessss).
I hope you all enjoy this pretty plate as much as we did + and that it livens up your mid-winter! Happy day, friends!
did you make this recipe? I would love to know how it turned out for you! when you rate my recipes and leave feedback it helps me continue to improve. you can leave me a comment below, or snap a picture and post it to instagram with the tag @nyssaskitchen or hashtag #nyssaskitchen! xoPrint
roasted beets + carrots with easy garlic dill cashew sauce and pistachios! All you need is carrots, beets, some easy garlic dill cashew sauce and toasted pistachios for an elegant and simple paleo side dish or meal!
- 1–2 bunches small carrots (12 small carrots)
- 1 bunch small beets (6 small beets)
- 1 tsp + 2 tsp avocado oil, divided
- 1/4 tsp + 1/2 tsp sea salt, divided
- a few grinds of black pepper
- easy garlic dill cashew sauce
- toasted pistachios, for garnish
- fresh dill, for garnish
- Trim ends and scrub clean carrots and beets.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Quarter beets, toss with 1 tsp avocado oil and 1/4 tsp salt, a few grinds of black pepper. Spread evenly on one side of a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Cut carrots in half lengthwise. Toss with 2 tsp avocado oil and 1/2 tsp salt, a few grinds of black pepper, and spread evenly on the other side of the baking sheet. Make sure your pan isn’t too crowded, those veggies need some space in between them so they will roasted instead of steaming.
- Roast for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven, toss and roast for another 12 minutes, or until tender on the inside and edges are crisp.
- Plate some of each vegetable, drizzle with garlic dill cashew sauce and garnish with toasted pistachios and fresh dill if desired!
- Category: vegetable dish
- Cuisine: paleo, vegetarian, vegan, gluten free