These paleo baked cinnamon baked apples are a super simple seasonal treat that could not be easier to make! Delicious on their own or served over yogurt, with your morning oats, or with a scoop of your favorite vanilla ice cream for dessert! Paleo & vegan!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Toss peeled apple slices with maple syrup, melted coconut oil, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and sea salt until well coated.
- Spread in a thin layer on a baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Take out, stir, spread evenly, and return to the oven.
- Bake for another 7 minutes, and stir again.
- Return to the oven for another 7-9 minutes, until apples are tender and the sauce is thick and caramelized.
- Let cool slightly and enjoy as desired!
- They will keep well in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Re-heat slightly before serving.
- If you don’t like the taste of nutmeg or ginger, you can easily leave those spices out of the recipe.
- These baked apples should be stored in a covered container in the refrigerator. The coconut oil will solidify once cold, but after warming it will incorporate into the sauce again.
- To re-heat the apples gently warm them on the stove top in a sauce pan, or in the microwave.
- They will keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: apples, maple syrup, fall, autumn, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, coconut oil, baking