These healthy mexican roasted cauliflower tacos with cashew crema are an easy and flavorful vegetarian taco that everyone will LOVE! Lots of bright and bold flavors with some serious crunch and tons of vegetables. Serve for your next taco night with tortillas or over some salad greens for a paleo / whole30 option!
for mexican roasted cauliflower
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- about 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon back pepper
- *Can substitute homemade spice blend with about 2 teaspoons of a pre-made taco seasoning
- 2 cups of shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt + more to taste
For cashew lime crema
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- just boiled water
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 1/2 of a jalapeño
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold water + 2 tablespoons, and more to thin if needed
- Tortillas or lettuce cups
- Sliced avocado
- Chopped cilantro
- In a small heat proof bowl soak raw cashews in just enough boiling water to cover. Set aside to soak for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss cauliflower florets with avocado oil, dried spices, and salt + pepper. Make sure the spices look well distributed. Spread evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat and roast for about 25-30 minutes, taking out halfway through the cooking time to toss, until tender and crispy.
- While the cauliflower is cooking make the slaw and the cashew lime crema.
- In a small bowl toss together all of the slaw ingredients. Taste and add more salt if needed. Set aside.
- Drain the soaked cashews and place in a blender along with all the other crema ingredients.
- Blend on high until smooth and creamy, stopping to add a little more water to thin if needed.
- Move to the refrigerator to chill while you finish prepping the rest of the tacos.
- Warm tortillas and top with crispy cauliflower, slaw, sliced avocado, extra cilantro, and a generous drizzle of the cashew lime crema.