easy lavender coconut iced coffee is a delightfully simple dairy free fancy coffee recipe perfect for the late summer months. made with coconut milk, lavender, iced coffee and coconut sugar or honey.
- 6 sprigs of fresh lavender (or substitute with 1 tbsp dried culinary lavender)
- 1 can of coconut milk
- chilled coffee
- sweetener of choice (I used coconut sugar – about 1 tbsp per 8 oz coffee, but honey or maple syrup would also be good refined sugar-free options)
- brew coffee in whatever method desired. while coffee is still warm you can stir in a bit of your sweetener of choice if desired. I used about 1 tbsp coconut sugar per 8 oz of coffee. move to refrigerator to chill.
- bring one can of coconut milk to a simmer, press heads of lavender with the side of a knife to release their aromatic oils and add to coconut milk. cover pan, and remove coconut milk from heat. let sit for 10-15 minutes
- strain out lavender flowers from coconut milk, pressing to release all of their
flavor. store in a jar in the refrigerator for up to 6 days.
- fill a cup about 2/3 of the way with coffee + ice, and top with lavender coconut creamer, and a sprig of lavender if you’re feeling f-
a-n-c-y and ENJOY!
- Category: drink, coffee
- Cuisine: vegan