This carrot apple orange juice with ginger is a delightfully nourishing homemade juice combo! Made with real ingredients, no added sugar, and packed with good-for-you vitamins and minerals. Refreshing, healthy, and perfectly sweet / tart! Vegan, gluten free, paleo, Whole30 compatible.
- 2 large carrots, cut into pieces small enough to pass through your juicer
- 2 large apples, cut into small pieces
- 2 large oranges, peel cut away and cut into small pieces
- 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and thinly sliced (optional)
- Grab your juicer and get it ready.
- Cut carrots, apples and ginger into pieces small enough to pass through your juicers chute. If they’re organic there’s no need to peel the apple and carrots. I generally peel the ginger, but it’s not necessary.
- Wash everything well, especially if not organic. My favorite way to wash produce is with a little bit of the non-toxic cleaning concentrate from Brand Basics and plenty of water in a bowl or the mesh basin of a salad spinner.
- Prep the oranges. You’ll want to remove the skin and most of the white pith of the orange to avoid any bitter notes that the pith might impart on the juice. To do that, cut each end off the orange, and lay it on one end. Then cut away the rest of the peel and pith with a sharp paring knife until the flesh is revealed – as pictured above in the blog post. Once the peel is cut away, cut the orange into pieces small enough to fit through the chute of your juicer.
- Time to juice! Pass all ingredients through your juicer. Stir to combine and drink right away or seal in an airtight container in the refrigerator. For the most nutrients, consume within 24 hours.
For the most nutrients drink as close to the time of juicing as possible – ideally within 24 hours. The juice will however keep for up to 3 days in a tightly sealed container. A mason jar is my favorite way to store juice until we’re ready to drink it!
Freezing juice is a great option if you know that you won’t be able to finish it within a day or two. It may not preserve all of the nutrients in the juice, but I’d guess that it will do a pretty good job. Just thaw out in the refrigerator when you’re ready to enjoy it and drink within 12-24 hours.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: juice
- Method: juicer
- Cuisine: healthy
Keywords: juice, healthy, vegan, plant based, dairy free, whole30, paleo, gluten free