These sautéed Whole30 cajun shrimp with garlic aioli are a simple + flavor packed whole30 shrimp recipe that is perfect on it’s own as an appetizer, or as the protein base for a meal. Made with tail on shrimp, an easy cajun shrimp seasoning, and a zippy homemade garlic aioli. Whole30, paleo, gluten free, and keto friendly.
For the Cajun shrimp
- 1 pound peeled, tail on shrimp
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- pinch of chili flakes (optional)
- pinch of cayenne (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or ghee + more as needed
- parsley or chives to garnish
For the garlic aioli
- 1/3 cup whole30 compliant mayonnaise
- 1 clove of garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl mix together mayonnaise, grated garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Peel shrimp if necessary, and pat super dry with paper towels – the drier the shrimp, the more crisp they will get when you fry them.
- In a small bowl mix together the cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, chili flakes, oregano, paprika, cumin, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Toss shrimp with seasoning mix until evenly coated.
- Heat 2 tablespoons avocado oil or ghee in a large cast iron or non stick skillet over medium high heat.
- When oil is hot and glistening, add shrimp in a single layer, being careful not to crowd the pan. Cook in multiple batches if needed, add a little more oil for each batch.
- Cook for about 1 minute per side, until just barely opaque in the center.
- Garnish with some fresh parsley / chives and serve immediately with garlic aioli for dipping!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: seafood
Keywords: seafood, shrimp, paleo, whole30, gluten free, cajun, spicy, dairy free, aioli, appetizer, snack, game day, potluck