The best toasted maple sesame granola is a super healthy homemade granola made with gluten free oats, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, and naturally sweetened with maple syrup. It is sugar free, dairy free, and nut free if made with avocado oil. Perfectly crisp and incredibly delicious!
- 3 cups gluten free oats
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup raw sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil or avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Spread granola in a thin layer and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and stir. Return to the oven for another 15-18 minutes, until nicely browned and dry. Allow to cool completely and move to a jar or sealed container to store.
- This recipe is naturally gluten free, sugar free, vegan, and nut free as long as you use avocado oil for your the fat.
- The granola will lose some of it’s crisp bite if left out uncovered. Keep it in an airtight container for the best storage. If it seems to have softened for one reason or another just pop it back into the oven on a baking tray at 350 for about 4-5 minutes until crisp again.
- I like my granola to taste sort of sweet / salty, which is why there’s a whole teaspoon of salt listed in the ingredients. If you want it to be less on the salty side you might want to start with about 1/4 teaspoon sea salt and adjust to taste from there.
Keywords: oats, granola, sesame, sunflower, nut free, coconut oil, maple syrup, breakfast, brunch, healthy