This summer veggie and chickpea chopped salad is made with a rainbow of fresh crunchy summer vegetables, herbs, and green onions. A flavorful and easy to make salad that’s perfect for summer BBQ’s and potlucks! Vegan and gluten free!
For the salad:
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup of snap peas, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 cup asparagus, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 5 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of baby sweet peppers, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup mixed fresh herbs, roughly chopped – I used cilantro and parsley
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- 1 avocado, diced
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt + more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Prep chickpeas, veggies, herbs, and green onions and add them to a large bowl.
- Toss together with lemon juice, olive oil, maple syrup, and salt and pepper. Taste and add a little more salt if needed.
- Just before serving fold in feta cheese and/or avocado if using.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days!
- This salad is sturdy enough that it can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- To make is a little more hearty add crumbled feta or diced avocado.
- Feel free to substitute the summer veggies for whatever is available!
- I used a mix of cilantro and parsley for the herbs, but dill would also be delicious!
- Category: salad
- Method: chopped
- Cuisine: vegetarian