This easy chopped vegan chickpea salad is made with a rainbow of fresh veggies, creamy avocado, dill, parsley, green onions, and a simple lemony dressing. A healthy and unique recipe that’s perfect for a quick lunch, summer BBQ, or potluck! Vegan, vegetarian, dairy free, gluten free!
For the salad
- 1 15 ounce can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 cup corn kernels, grilled, fresh, or frozen and thawed
- 1/2 cup diced radishes
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
For the dressing
- Add salad ingredients to a large bowl. Add chickpeas, sugar snap peas, diced cucumber, cherry tomatoes, corn, radishes, avocado, fresh herbs, and green onions to a large bowl. Set aside.
- Make lemony dressing. In a small bowl whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, maple syrup or honey, kosher salt, and black pepper until emulsified.
- Toss salad. Pour dressing over salad and toss until well combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy. Enjoy immediately or cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to dig in!
This salad is quite hardy and can easily be made a day or so ahead of time.
This salad will keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days, though the texture will be best if eaten within 1-3 days. If you plan to make for meal prep you may want to wait to add the avocado until you’re ready to serve.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Chopped
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: chickpeas, summer, BBQ, potluck, salad, veggies, healthy, vegan, dairy free, gluten free