Simple sipping broth with a poached egg! Your perfect go-to healthy pick-me-up // fridge clean out meal when you need a little extra something in your life. Made with high quality broth, fresh herbs, coconut milk and a poached egg this little pot is gauranteed to having you feeling fine in no time!
- 2 cups of high quality broth
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- about 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp high quality gelatin (optional)
- thinly sliced green onion
- 1 large egg
- Fill a large shallow pan with about 1 1/2 inches of water and bring to a boil. Lower to a bare simmer and add 1 tbs apple cider vinegar. Place a large mason jar lid ring into the center of of pan and crack an egg into a small bowl. Quickly stir the water in the middle of the pan to create a small vortex and gently tip the egg into the center of the jar lid ring. Set a timer for 4 minutes.
- While egg is cooking slowly warm 2 cups of broth to a bare simmer, add coconut milk and season with salt and lime. If using, whisk in gelatin until dissolved.
- Remove egg from water with a slotted spoon onto a plate.
- Pour broth into a bowl or mug and top with thinly sliced green onion, cilantro, egg and a bit of freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: soup, drink
- Cuisine: paleo, gluten free, vegan