This recipe for shrimp scampi without wine is so easy to make from scratch! It is ready in just 20 minutes from start to finish. Cooked on the stovetop and made with tail on shrimp, olive oil, garlic, (optional) chili flakes, parsley, lemon juice, and broth. It pairs perfectly with your favorite pasta but is also delicious served on its own with a side dish or as an appetizer. A healthy recipe that is gluten free, dairy free, and bursting with flavor!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or ghee
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- Generous pinch of chili flakes (optional)
- 1 cup chicken or seafood broth
- 1 1/2 pounds raw, peeled, and deveined shrimp (I like using tail on shrimp for a little more flavor)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Sauté garlic and chili flakes. In a large skillet heat olive oil or ghee over medium heat. Add garlic and chili flakes (if using) and sauté for 30 seconds to 1 minute – until garlic is aromatic but hasn’t yet started to brown.
- Add broth and bring to a simmer, cooking for 3-4 minutes – until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add shrimp and remaining ingredients. Add shrimp with salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until shrimp is opaque and cooked through – 2-4 minutes, depending on the size of your shrimp. Shrimp cooks relatively quickly, so for the best texture take care not to overcook.
- Season and serve. Stir in the parsley and season to taste with more salt and pepper if desired. Serve by itself, or over pasta or rice, and enjoy!
I have found the best two ways to reheat shrimp scampi is either in the oven or on the stove top.
In the oven: Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Place shrimp in an oven safe dish and add splash of broth if there isn’t much sauce remaining. Cover with tin foil and warm in the oven for 10-12 minutes until heated through.
On the stove top: Heat a medium sized skillet over medium low heat. Add shrimp with a splash of broth and cover the skillet with a lid. Stir occasionally, warming for 8-10 minutes, until warmed through.
Shrimp scampi can also be reheated in the microwave in 30-second increments until warm.
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: shrimp, shrimp scampi, dinner, protein, parsley, lemon, garlic, holidays, christmas, pasta, gluten free, dairy free