This low carb roasted cauliflower hummus is a delicious bean free swap for traditional hummus! All the same flavors that you love in hummus, but made with roasted cauliflower instead of chickpeas. This hummus is can be made in your vitamix or food processor. A creamy, flavorful, and healthy dip !
- 1 large head of cauliflower – about 1 3/4 pound, cut into small florets
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt + more to taste
- about 1/4 cup water to thin
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Toss cauliflower florets and garlic cloves with avocado oil and 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Roast in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, until tender and starting to caramelize.
- Add the roasted cauliflower and garlic to your vitamix or food processor along with all the other ingredients.
- Process until smooth and creamy – the vitamix will blend the hummus pretty quickly. If you’re using a food processor, process for at least 2-3 minutes for the best texture.
- If the hummus seems too thick after processing, thin it out by adding a little bit of water at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- If you want to make this hummus WITHOUT tahini, you can substitute sunflower seed butter, macadamia nut butter, or cashew butter.
- I like to roast the garlic with the cauliflower, to temper the garlicky flavor just a little bit. If you love the taste of raw garlic you can also add it raw instead. If you decide to use raw garlic, I would recommend only using 1 small clove.
- This hummus will keep in a covered container in the refrigerator for 5-7 days
- This recipe is a great jumping off point for endless hummus flavor combinations. You could make it spicy by adding some jalapeño, toss in some fresh herbs, or even some olives / artichokes