a crispy edged open faced omelette with a simple arugula, sweet corn, avocado, cilantro and red onion salad on the top.
- 2 big handfuls of arugula
- 1 small ear of corn cooked by whatever method you choose
- 4–5 sprigs of cilantro torn into smallish pieces
- about 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 an avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/2 a lemon
- sea salt and black pepper
- 2 tbs olive oil + more to drizzle on salad
- 2 cloves of garlic smashed with the side of a knife
- 6 eggs
- combine arugula, cooked corn, torn cilantro, red onion, and avocado in a bowl, dress salad with a little drizzle of olive oil, squeeze of half the lemon, salt and a few grinds of black pepper. toss and set aside.
- heat 1 tbs olive oil in a small skillet over medium to medium high heat (depending on how crispy you like your eggs – the higher the heat, the crispier they’ll be)
- add one clove of smashed garlic to the hot oil and let it cook until it is very brown and fragrant. remove from pan.
- crack 3 eggs into the pan all close together and gently break up your yolks. tilt your pan so the eggs sort of fill the frying pan in a perfect circle. season with salt and pepper.
- once the edges start to look crispy and the top is almost fully cooked flip and cook the other side for about another 30 seconds.remove from pan and keep warm if possible.
- repeat with the remaining 1 tbs of olive oil, smashed garlic clove and 3 eggs.
- top omelette with salad and serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: lunch, salad