These no bake chocolate peanut butter cookies are made with just a handful of healthy ingredients. No baking required, very little clean up, and the most amazing peanut butter cookies that taste almost like a chocolate peanut butter cup when dipped in chocolate. Vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free, and paleo option.
- 1 cup peanut butter (substitute with almond butter for a paleo option)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt for unsalted peanut butter, or 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt for salted peanut butter
- 3 ounces dark chocolate, melted (optional)
- Flaky sea salt (optional)
- Make the peanut butter cookie dough. In a large bowl combine peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, kosher salt, and coconut flour. Stir using a sturdy spoon or spatula, until well mixed and no bits of dry coconut flour remain.
- Allow the dough to thicken. Set aside for about 5 minutes so the coconut flour can absorb any moisture in the dough. If after 5 minutes the dough seems too sticky to handle, add a little more coconut flour at a time – I would start with just 1 teaspoon and go from there. The images above show the dough when it’s first mixed, and what it should look like when it’s thickened up.
- Form into cookie shape. Once the dough is the consistency of a thick cookie dough, roll it into 1 inch size balls. Gently press to shape and flatten, pinching the edges together if they start to crack. Make crisscross marks with the tongs of a fork if desired.
- Chill the cookies to set. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or in the freezer for 10-15. While the cookies are chilling, go ahead and melt your dark chocolate if using.
- Dip in chocolate. Carefully dip each cookie about halfway into the melted chocolate and move to a parchment lined plate or cutting board. You can also add a little drizzle of chocolate on top to make them extra pretty. Top with a sprinkle of flaky sea salt if desired and return to the refrigerator or freezer so the chocolate can harden.
- Serve and enjoy!
To store in the refrigerator: These cookies are best stored in the refrigerator. They’ll keep in an airtight container for a week plus.
To store in the freezer: For longer term storage these pb cookies can easily be frozen. Keep them in a sealed container for up to several months. To thaw just move to the refrigerator the night before you’re planning to enjoy them.
Pro tip: They’re also a delicious treat right out of the freezer!
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Inactive Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No bake
- Cuisine: American