This mango coconut smoothie with turmeric and lime is not too sweet, but slightly floral and aromatic from the perfectly ripe mango, a bright clean layer of flavor from all that fresh lime juice that wakes up your taste buds, a little tropical creamy thing happening thanks to the coconut milk, and some anti-inflammatory love for your bod from the bold and vibrant turmeric.
- 2 cups frozen mango (for the best taste – if you can – buy some ripe store bought mangos, cut into a large dice and freeze. If they’re not in season or you can’t find any ripe one’s at the store pre-packaged frozen mango will do – a little honey can be added if frozen mangoes aren’t very sweet)
- juice from 2 big limes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried turmeric powder
- pinch of black pepper (to maximize absorption of the turmeric!)
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- honey – as needed
- Add all ingredients to the blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy. Taste and sweeten with a little bit of honey if necessary.