This mango turmeric ginger smoothie is the perfect balance between incredibly delicious and good for you! Sweetened with fruit and a little bit of optional honey, with a bright layer of flavor from fresh lime juice to wake up your taste buds. Tropical, creamy, and filled with anti-inflammatory benefits. Vegan, dairy free, naturally sweetened, gluten free, and paleo friendly.
- 1 10 ounce package frozen mango (about 2 1/2 cups)
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dried turmeric powder or 1 teaspoon fresh grated turmeric
- Pinch of black pepper (optional)
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons honey (optional – maple syrup or agave can be used instead of honey for a truly vegan swap)
- Add all ingredients to a blender container and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Taste and add a little more honey if desired.
- Divide between two glasses, serve, and enjoy!
If you prefer a thicker smoothie you can do that a few different ways.
Add a little more frozen mango – an extra 1/2 cup should do the trick
Use a frozen banana in addition to the frozen mango
Include about 1/2 cup of ice
You can make this smoothie in advance and keep it in the fridge until you’re ready to enjoy! It may lose a little bit of the thickness as the frozen ingredients thaw, but it will still be creamy and delicious.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: drinks
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: healthy
Keywords: mango, turmeric, ginger, lime, smoothie, breakfast, snack, dairy free, naturally sweetened, gluten free, kid friendly