Learn how to make no strain cashew milk. The easiest way to make homemade nut milk that is creamy, vegan, paleo, and easily modified to be Whole30 compliant! I’ve even included a short cut if you’re short on time to reduce the soaking time to 15 MINUTES! A crazy delicious + healthier homemade nut milk for everyone at your table.
- Start by soaking the raw cashews. This can be done one of three ways depending on how much time you have to prepare them.
- You can either: soak cashews overnight in cold water, soak cashews in just boiled water for about an hour, or simmer cashews in boiling water for about 15 minutes until softened.
- When the cashews are ready to be made into milk, they will be plump and soft.
- Once cashews are soaked and prepped, drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add rinsed cashews to a blender with 4 cups of cold water, maple syrup or date, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and sea salt.
- Blend on high for about 2-3 minutes, until smooth, creamy, and no pieces of cashews remain.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and ENJOY!
- This cashew milk will last in the refrigerator stored in a covered container for about 3-4 days.
- For the best result start with raw cashews. I haven’t tested the recipe with roasted cashews, but I don’t think they would blend as well.
- You can easily change the recipe around to suit your taste – the vanilla and cinnamon can be left out if you don’t have them or prefer not to use them, and the sweetness can be adjusted as well.
- To make this recipe Whole30 compliant leave out the maple syrup (or substitute with 1 small date), and the vanilla extract.
- I have only made this recipe in a vitamix. If you don’t have a high speed blender, you may want to start by chopping up the raw cashews before you soak them so they can be more easily transformed into cashew milk! Also some stores like Trader Joe’s sell cashew pieces. This is a great way to save a little money (they’re typically a bit cheaper), and speed up the soaking process.
- Category: drink
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: healthy
Keywords: cashews, milk, nut milk, dairy free, vegan, easy, vitamix, blender, paleo, whole30