This healthy, cold shrimp and avocado salad is an ideal weeknight dinner. Quick and easy to make, and oh-so-yummy! Made with a fresh array of ingredients like cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, avocado, and arugula. All tossed in a bright, crave-able lemony dressing (without mayo!). Ready in less than 30 minutes!
- 1 pound cooked shrimp, tails removed and cut into thirds
- 1 large avocado, peeled and diced or sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- A few big handfuls of arugula or another tender salad green
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, grated or finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- Remove tails from shrimp and cut into thirds. Transfer to a large bowl or glass tupperware.
- In a small bowl combine lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Pour about 3 tablespoons of the dressing over the cooked shrimp and toss to combine. Transfer shrimp to the refrigerator to marinate while you prep the rest of the salad ingredients.
- Add a few big handfuls of arugula or another tender salad green to a large bowl or platter. Top with diced avocado, cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced cucumber, thinly sliced red onion.
- Top with marinated shrimp, leaving behind any liquid from the bottom of the bowl, and toss with desired amount of dressing and parsley. Taste and add more salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
You can make parts of this salad in advance. Because it is made with arugula (or another tender salad green), you’ll want to wait to add the greens until just before you’re ready to serve. See the section above in the blog post about my step-by-step approach to prepping this salad in advance!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: salad
- Method: no cook
- Cuisine: healthy
Keywords: shrimp, healthy, whole30, paleo, salad, brunch, summer, spring