a healthy chopped mexican rainbow salad with a wide array of summer veggies, and some avocado and beans to balance everything out.
- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce washed and thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- 2 ears of corn grilled (or cooked any way you prefer) and kernels removed from the cob
- a large handful of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup of finely diced red cabbage
- 3 tbs finely diced red onion
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1 avocado diced
- 2 tbs chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup cotija or feta cheese + more to garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- dressing of choice – roasted red pepper vinagrette or dreamy green sauce
- fill a large serving bowl with your chopped romaine lettuce.
- top with all remaining ingredients except cheese and dressing. I love the look of “rainbow” rows of veggies – it makes such a beautiful and appealing presentation! this step can be done a few hours in advance of serving if salad is stored in the refrigerator.
- once you are ready to serve add cheese, dressing, and toss everything together until evenly coated. taste for salt and pepper.
- serve in individual bowls garnished with a little more cotija or feta cheese.
- you might wanna throw a bowl of organic tortilla chips on the table too just to elevate the whole mexican salad experience 😉 I would be lying if I said I didn’t do just that!