This healthy mediterranean sheet pan chicken and vegetable dinner is the perfect weeknight meal that will nourish and delight your taste buds! Made with perfectly spiced chicken thighs, crispy roasted baby potatoes, caramelized onions, charred broccolini and all the best garnishes. It’s Whole30 compliant, paleo friendly, and 100% gluten free!
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
For the chicken and vegetables:
- about 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 mesh bags of baby potatoes – about 1 1/2 pounds worth
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil for chicken potatoes & onions
- 2 bunches broccolini, tough end of stems cut away
- 2 teaspoon avocado oil for broccolini
- 1/2 teaspoon salt for broccolini
Pickled red onions:
- 1/2 a small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pickled red onions
- Castelvetrano olives
- Feta cheese (optional – omit for dairy free, Whole30 compliant, or paleo)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix spice blend together and set aside.
- Toss chicken, potatoes, and onions together with 2 tablespoons of avocado oil and all of the spice mix.
- Arrange potatoes and onions in a single layer on a lined baking sheet and top with chicken thighs.
- Move to the oven and set a timer for 30 minutes.
- While chicken and potatoes cook prepare the pickled red onions and broccolini.
- Mix the red wine vinegar, water and salt together until salt is fully dissolved, either in a jar or whisked in a bowl. Add thinly sliced red onions, making sure they’re mostly submerged, and set aside. If they’re not fully submerged – don’t worry, just toss them in the pickling liquid every few minutes or so.
- In another bowl toss trimmed broccolini with 2 teaspoons avocado oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- After 30 minutes check chicken and potatoes. The chicken should be cooked all the way through and the potatoes should be tender and starting to brown. If they need more time leave them in the oven to continue to cook, checking every 5 minutes or so until done.
- Once chicken is all the way cooked and potatoes are tender and crispy, remove sheet pan from the oven. Tuck the seasoned broccolini into empty spaces on the tray, being careful not to overlap the individual pieces so they cook evenly.
- Turn the oven onto high broil. Once heated, return the sheet pan to the oven and set a timer for 4 minutes. Take a peek in the oven and check every minute or so to make sure nothing is burning. When the broccolini is done it should be bright green and just starting to char.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Serve topped with chopped parsley, pickled red onions, olives, and crumbled feta.