a quick and healthy recipe for chicken tacos with black beans, kale, romesco yogurt sauce and feta cheese.
- 1 tbs ghee or coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- pinch of salt
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 raw chicken sausages – casing removed
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp taco seasoning or chili powder
- 1 15 oz can beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch kale, washed and chopped
- 2 big tbs romesco sauce
- juice of half a lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 tbs romesco sauce
- pinch of sea salt
- feta cheese (optional)
- for tacos:
- sauté diced onion with 1 tbs of your fat of choice and a pinch of salt over medium heat until soft and starting to caramelize.
- add chopped garlic and cook for one minute more, until fragrant.
- make a space in the middle of the pan and add chicken sausage, with the casing removed.
- press flat in the pan and cook, allowing to start to brown before stirring it around too much.
- add paprika and taco seasoning or chili powder and break up the chicken sausage into smaller bits.
- cook until meat is well browned and cooked through.
- add beans and kale to the skillet and toss to combine.
- cover and let cook for about 5 minutes, or until kale is wilted.
- stir in 2 big tbs romesco sauce and finish with a big squeeze lime + salt and pepper to taste.
- serve tacos topped with romesco yogurt sauce + feta cheese if desired!
- for romesco yogurt sauce:
- mix together yogurt and 1 1/2 tbs romesco sauce, and season with a pinch of salt.
- Category: dinner, tacos
- Cuisine: healthy, easy