a mega healthy and flavorful recipe for garlicky miso marinated salmon with a big salad of fresh romaine and arugula, cucumbers, red cabbage and a lime and olive oil vinaigrette.
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tbs white miso
- 2 tbs mirin
- 3 tbs sake
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- few grinds black pepper
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 lb salmon, de-boned, washed and dried (either cut into individual filets, or kept as one big filet)
- 4 cups of salad greens (I used a mixture of romaine and arugula)
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 medium sized cucumber thinly sliced
- a little bit of sliced red onion
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- big pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbs hulled hemp hearts or sesame seeds(optional)
- whisk all marinade ingredients together in a large bowl and add salmon filet, turning to coat. leave salmon flesh side down to marinate for at least 30 minutes, up to 8 hours.
- preheat oven to high broil.
- place salmon on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and broil for about 4-5 minutes, or until starting to nicely brown. watch closely throughout this time as broiling temperatures can vary from oven to oven!
- take salmon out and check for doneness. if not yet cooked through lower oven temperature to 425, and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes and check again. it should be done by this point, but if not you can put it back in for another minute or so until it’s cooked through.
- prep salad ingredients and whisk together lime juice, olive oil, honey and sea salt in a small bowl or shake in a jar.
- toss salad with vinaigrette, top with salmon, and garnish with a sprinkle of sea salt and either hemp hearts or sesame seeds.
- Category: seafood, salad
- Cuisine: healthy, gluten free, dairy free