This easy whole30 stuffed pepper soup is a super delicious full meal in a bowl type of a recipe! Made with ground beef, or ground turkey, chicken, or even spicy sausage for a customizable low carb dinner that you will love warming up to! Whole30 compliant, gluten free, and keto friendly.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 1/4 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- pinch of chili flakes (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 12 ounce bag of frozen cauliflower rice, or about 2 cups worth
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley to garnish
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium high heat. Add onion, peppers, and garlic, and cook, stirring occasionally for about 6-8 minutes, until soft and starting to caramelize.
- Make a space in the center of the pot and add the ground beef, thyme, oregano, paprika, sea salt, and black pepper. Cook, breaking up with a spatula or spoon, until beef is almost completely cooked.
- Add diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, and beef broth. Bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes, until liquid has reduced slightly and veggies are nice and soft.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar and cauliflower rice, and cook on low for another 3-4 minutes, until cauliflower rice is just tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve topped with some fresh parsley if desired.
To store: This whole30 compliant soup can be stored in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
To re-heat: To re-heat this healthy soup, simply heat gently on the stove, stirring frequently, until warm. Alternatively it can be re-heated in the microwave.
To freeze: This soup freezes perfectly. To thaw, transfer to the refrigerator overnight, and warm gently on the stove before serving. This recipe would be an excellent way to get a bit ahead on some meal prep for nights when you just don’t feel like cooking!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: soup
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: whole30
Keywords: whole30, ground beef, paleo, peppers, bell peppers, comfort food, gluten free, keto, low carb