This fresh and easy gluten free Italian pasta salad is the best satisfying side dish! Made with a mouthwatering homemade Italian dressing (with no mayo), fresh veggies, herbs, parmesan cheese, olives, and sliced salami or pepperoni. Perfect for summer BBQ’s! Vegan, vegetarian and dairy free option.
For the Pasta Salad
- 1 12 ounce box GF pasta
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup olives
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced pepperoncini peppers
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup sliced salami (optional)
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, more or less to taste (optional)
For the Italian Dressing
- Make the dressing. In a medium sized bowl whisk together all the ingredients for the vinaigrette. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions in salted water. Drain well, do not rinse. Transfer still warm pasta to a large bowl and toss with about 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette. Move to the refrigerator to chill while you prep the rest of the ingredients.
- Assemble pasta salad. When pasta has cooled, toss together with drained chickpeas, olives, tomatoes, red onion, cucumber, pepperoncini peppers, bell pepper, parsley, salami, parmesan cheese (reserve some to garnish), and remaining dressing.
- Season and store. Season to taste with salt and pepper and transfer to the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours. Because gluten free pasta can be a little hard straight out of the refrigerator, allow pasta salad to sit out at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before digging in for the best texture .
- Serve and enjoy! Top with extra parmesan, serve, and enjoy.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Cold
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: pasta, pasta salad, summer, BBQ, potluck, picnic, italian, healthy, easy, make ahead