This recipe for easy garlic basil sautéed shrimp is a paleo and gluten free friendly protein dish that is incredibly versatile and incredibly delicious. Healthy, ready in less than 20 minutes, and full of flavor!
- 1 pound of tail on shrimp, cleaned and de-veined
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil + 3 tablespoons avocado oil, ghee, or coconut oil for frying
- fresh lemon wedges
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves (can substitute with 1 teaspoon dried basil in the spice mix)
- Clean, rinse, and pat shrimp dry very thoroughly with paper towels.
- Transfer to a large bowl and toss with garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon avocado oil, salt, and pepper until thoroughly coated with spice mixture.
- Heat 3 tablespoons avocado oil in a large skillet over medium high heat until oil is hot and shimmering.
- Add shrimp in batches and cook in a single layer for about 1 minute, until the edges have started to turn pink. Flip and cook on the second side for another minute or so. As soon as the shrimp are done remove to a plate so that they don’t over cook. They will continue cooking a little bit after they are removed from the heat. If you’re shrimp are on the smaller side, you’ll probably want to shorten the cooking time to about 30-45 seconds for each side. They cook much faster than you think, and you want to cook them only until they’re just barely done.
- Continue cooking shrimp in batches until all of the shrimp are done. Top with a quick squeeze of lemon and all the fresh basil. Serve immediately over rice, salad, pasta, or another favorite dish and ENJOY!
- Fresh basil is the perfect summer touch to this sautéed shrimp recipe, but if you don’t have any substitute with 1 teaspoon of dried basil to your spice mix before cooking.
- This garlic basil shrimp will last about 3 days in a covered container the refrigerator.
- Once cooked, these shrimp can be re-heated. To re-heat: Cover with a paper towel in a microwave safe dish and microwave for about 30 seconds OR heat gently over low heat in a skillet for a few minutes – flip halfway through OR wrap in tinfoil and heat in a pre-heated 325 degree oven for about 10 minutes.
- Category: main dish
- Method: saute
- Cuisine: american