This easy dark chocolate paleo grain free granola is gluten free, dairy free, and packed with all the things you love about granola without any of the grains. Easy to make, good for you, and so freaking delicious. I know it’s going to earn a fast spot in your heart and in your kitchen!
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (you can add a little more if you’re really into salty/sweet combos)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 2 cups large coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons brown flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons raw sesame seeds
- 1 cup raw walnut pieces (either roughly chopped or just sort of broken into smaller pieces with your fingers)
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 310 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together almond butter, maple syrup, sea salt, vanilla extract, cinnamon and cacao powder until thoroughly combined.
- Add coconut flakes, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts, sunflower seeds and cacao nibs if using and stir to coat with a stiff spatula or wood spoon.
- Spread in a thin, even layer on a lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and stir. Return to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes. Stir again and return to the oven for another 5 minutes. Remove and allow to cool on the baking sheet until dry and crisp.
- Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to a week!