This easy chicken salad with grapes is the best meal prep recipe to make for a healthy week of lunches or to bring to a picnic! Made from scratch with just a handful of simple ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. Whole30, gluten free, dairy free.
- 1 pound cooked chicken, diced or shredded – about 3 cups worth
- 2 stalks of celery, sliced
- 1/3 cup red or green onion, diced
- 1/3 cup sliced or slivered almonds
- 1 cup red or green grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grainy or Dijon mustard (check the label for Whole30 compatible ingredients if making during a Whole30)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (avocado oil mayo is great for a Whole30 option)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- Prep and measure all ingredients.
- Mix everything together. In a large bowl add cooked chicken, celery, onions, almonds, grapes, parsley, mustard, mayo, red wine vinegar, and salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly to combine. Taste and add more salt, pepper, or vinegar if desired.
- Serve immediately or move to the refrigerator to store until ready to serve!
This simple chicken salad will last in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Just keep it in a sealed container when you’re done serving.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: lunch
- Method: cold
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: chicken, chicken salad, picnic, party, lunch, meal prep, healthy, whole30, paleo, summer