Dairy free collagen hot chocolate – aka the coziest winter drink! A hot chocolate that is actually good for you because it’s made with real ingredients that are nutrient dense and nourishing. Paleo, with a vegan option – and low carb if you substitute with a low carb sweetener. Easy to make and oh-so-delicious!
- 16 oz almond milk, warmed until hot
- 1 big scoop collagen powder (omit for vegan option)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon ghee (optional, but adds a nice rich flavor. Can substitute with almond butter or more coconut oil for a vegan option)
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- About 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup, coconut sugar or honey – or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high until creamy and emulsified. Adjust sweetener if desired.
- Pour into two glasses and enjoy!