This creamy cashew queso dip is made with ZERO processed ingredients for an authentic tasting, full flavored, dairy free alternative to this well loved dip. SO crave worthy and made with anti-inflammatory, good-for-you ingredients! Vegan + whole30 compliant.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons just boiled water, plus more as needed
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard, or 1/2 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric powder (optional – used for color)
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, or to taste (omit for a less spicy queso)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- Additional salsa
- Thinly sliced green onion
- Soak cashews. In a heat proof bowl, soak raw cashews in just boiled water for at least 20-30 minutes – until pale and plump.
- Blend queso. Drain cashews and add to a blender container along with 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons just boiled water, mustard, lime juice, chili powder, nutritional yeast, turmeric powder, hot sauce, and salt. Blend on high for 1-2 minutes, until smooth and creamy, with no pieces of cashews remaining.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in salsa. Transfer queso to a bowl and stir in salsa. Taste and add more salt or hot sauce if desired. Queso will be warm, but not hot. If you would like to serve it hot, it can be warmed on low heat in a small saucepan, stirring frequently so it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan, or in 30 second increments in the microwave, stirring between, until warmed through.
- Serve and enjoy! Top queso with extra salsa, thinly sliced green onion, jalapeño, and cilantro if desired. Serve with tortilla chips or veggies for dipping and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 5 minutes