These buffalo chicken stuffed peppers are an easy, delicious dinner that everyone will love! Made with shredded chicken, spicy buffalo sauce, and topped with a generous drizzle of ranch dressing and fresh herbs. Healthy, flavorful, and easy to make! Whole30, paleo, gluten free, dairy free, and low carb / keto friendly.
- 3 large bell peppers – any color, cut in half lengthwise and seeds removed
- 4 cups cooked shredded chicken – a rotisserie chicken will be about the perfect amount of chicken for this recipe
- 1 cup paleo mayonnaise, either homemade or store bought avocado mayo
- 1/2 cup hot sauce or buffalo sauce – I love Frank’s red hot, but a Whole30 compatible buffalo sauce also works
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 bunch of green onions, white and light green parts thinly sliced – plus more for garnish
- Whole30 ranch dressing for garnish
- Fresh herbs for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Arrange cut and de-seeded bell peppers in a lightly greased large skillet or baking dish, cut side up.
- In a large bowl combine pre-cooked shredded chicken, mayonnaise, hot sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper, nutritional yeast, and green onions. Mix to thoroughly combine. Taste and add more hot sauce or salt if desired.
- Fill prepared peppers with the buffalo chicken mixture – making sure to pack it in.
- Cover baking dish and bake stuffed peppers for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 20 minutes – until peppers are tender and the stuffing is bubbling and slightly browned.
- Top with a drizzle of ranch dressing, thinly sliced green onion, and fresh herbs if desired and serve!
These chicken stuffed peppers can be re-heated a few different ways.
In the oven – Warm in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees until heated through – about 10-15 minutes. If they start getting too dark cover with foil until fully heated.
On the stove top – Place peppers in a skillet with a few tablespoons of water. Cover and warm over medium low heat until heated through. If the water has fully evaporated before they are warm add an additional tablespoon as needed.
In the microwave – Cover with a paper towel and warm peppers for 2-3 minutes until heated through. The center of the stuffed peppers always takes the longest. To speed up the re-heating time you can cut the stuffed peppers in half.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: healthy
Keywords: gluten free, paleo, whole30, dairy free, low carb, keto, bell peppers, chicken, spicy