This buffalo cauliflower recipe is a delicious veggie dish that makes the perfect game day appetizer, snack, or side dish! All the flavors you love in buffalo chicken wings but 100% vegan friendly. Easy to make and super healthy! Vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, dairy free, paleo, Whole30 compatible.
- 1 large head of cauliflower, about 2 1/2 – 3 pounds – cut into florets, about 5–6 cups worth
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
To serve: vegan ranch dressing and cut celery sticks (optional)
- Preheat oven and prep ingredients. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut cauliflower and gather and measure ingredients.
- Roast cauliflower. Add cauliflower to a large bowl and toss to coat with avocado oil, garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt, and black pepper. Transfer to a large baking sheet and spread out flat side down in a single layer. Reserve the bowl for the next step. Roast for 15-17 minutes – until just barely tender and starting to brown.
- Toss with buffalo sauce. Remove cauliflower from the oven and increase the heat to 475°. Transfer cauliflower florets back to the large bowl and pour buffalo sauce over the top. Toss gently to coat, and transfer back to the baking sheet, leaving any excess sauce behind.
- Roast again. Transfer back to the oven and continue to roast for an additional 6-8 minutes, until nicely caramelized on the edges. For extra crispy bits you can broil for 1-2 minutes before pulling from the oven – just keep an eye on it so the cauliflower and/or parchment don’t burn.
- Serve and enjoy! Remove from the oven and lightly drizzle with any remaining buffalo sauce from the bowl. Serve with vegan ranch dressing and celery sticks if desired and enjoy!
Storage: To store leftover cauliflower in the refrigerator allow it to cool and then transfer to an air tight container. Will keep for to 3-4 days.
Reheating: You can easily reheat roasted cauliflower in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, warm in the oven at 350° F, or gently reheat in a skillet, tossing occasionally, until heated through.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: roasted cauliflower, buffalo, side dish, snack, appetizer, healthy, gluten free, vegan, whole30