This blood orange sunshine ginger mango smoothie is made with juicy blood oranges, sweet ripe mango, bright lemon, zippy ginger and hydrating coconut water. The perfect in-between-seasons smoothie! Full of sweet and bright flavor and good for you vitamins and minerals.
- 2 tennis ball sized blood oranges, peeled (or 4 small blood oranges)
- 1 small honey mango, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1 meyer lemon, peel cut away and flesh left intact (optional, but adds a nice tart brightness. Can substitute meyer lemon with HALF of a regular lemon, as they’re a bit more tart than meyer lemons)
- 1 1/2 inch piece of ginger, sliced (more or less to taste)
- 6 ice cubes from an ice cube tray, or about 1 cup of ice if using crushed ice or smaller cubes
- 1 cup coconut water
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend on high for about a minute, until smooth and no pieces of ginger or fruit remain.
- Pour into 2 glasses and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes