This 5 minute paleo green onion cilantro sauce is MAGIC, you guys. One of those sauces that you can make a million times and eat with every type of meal – from roasted veggies to a cast iron steak to buckwheat noodles. Ready in a flash and made with minimal ingredients, it will take an any meal from good to amazing!
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos or tamari (if using tamari you may not need to add any additional salt, as it it’s more salty than coconut aminos – see notes)*
- 1/2 teaspoon honey (omit for whole30/low carb option)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste (see notes)*
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Taste, and adjust salt/honey if necessary.
- Serve as a sauce, dip, marinade, or dressing for a salad! Your imagination is the limit.
- If you’re using tamari, you will probably want to consider including the honey. Tamari is less sweet than coconut aminos, which have some naturally occurring sugars.
- And similarly, if you’re using tamari instead of coconut aminos, you may not need to add any extra salt, as tamari tends to be saltier than coconut aminos.
- When in doubt, leave out the salt and honey until after you’ve mixed together the other ingredients, and add salt and honey as needed!
- You could easily make this sauce spicy by adding some chili flakes or a dash of your favorite hot sauce!