This 5 ingredient breakfast pizza with pesto and bacon is the ultimate crave worthy breakfast! Made with your favorite pre-made crust (or homemade if you’re feeling motivated!), sunny side up eggs, pesto, bacon, and a blend of your favorite cheese. Gluten free and so delicious!
- 1 pre-made or homemade pizza crust
- about 1/3 – 1/2 cup pesto
- 1 cup mozzarella or mixed cheese – whatever you have on hand!
- 4 slices of bacon, cut crosswise into 1/2 inch strips
- 3 eggs
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley, green onions, or chives to garnish
- Preheat oven to 450, or whatever temperature is recommended for for baking your particular crust.
- Cook bacon until just barely crisp – keeping in mind that it will continue to cook in the oven with the pizza. Move to a paper towel lined plate.
- Spread pizza with a thin layer of the pesto, you may need to adjust the amount of pesto to suit the size of your crust.
- Sprinkle the dough with cheese and bacon. Make three little indents for your eggs, and crack each one over the top and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Bake, for about 12-14 minutes, until crust is golden brown and eggs are done to your liking.
- Remove from the oven and top with parsley, green onions, or chives if using. Allow to cool a minute or two before slicing and serving.
- To make this breakfast pizza vegetarian, leave out the bacon.
- For a dairy free option, leave off the cheese, or substitute a dairy free cheese.
- The bacon could also be swapped for cooked breakfast sausage, or another type of breakfast protein
- No pesto? No worries! You could also just brush the pizza crust with a little olive oil and sprinkle it with salt, pepper, and a bit of garlic powder for a naked pizza crust.
- Want to add more veggies? Go for it! Some baby spinach, red peppers, or asparagus would all be DELICIOUS layered with the cheese and bacon.
- To make this 5 ingredient breakfast pizza for a crowd, consider buying or making enough soft dough to spread out onto a large rectangular baking sheet, and doubling the toppings.
- This breakfast pizza can be re-heated in the oven, in a toasted oven, or in the microwave. Just keep in mind that the eggs will continue to cook when re-heating and the yolks may not stay soft.
- If you want to make this breakfast pizza in advance, prep it until just before the very last step – cracking the eggs over top. Otherwise everything could be done the night before. Just before baking crack the eggs over the pizza, season with salt and pepper, and bake until done!
- Category: breakfast
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: pizza, brunch, gluten free, eggs, bacon, pesto, herbs, easy, homemade pizza