This 15-minute oven roasted broccolini is the best quick side dish that pairs well with so many meals! It’s one of our all-time favorites when we need a simple veggie recipe to serve with dinner. Made with broccolini (also sometimes called baby broccoli), olive oil, and a few simple spices – it cooks quickly in the oven on a sheet pan until tender with slightly charred florets. The recipe is not only delicious but also nutrient-dense, gluten-free, dairy-free, Whole30 compatible, and paleo-friendly!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Prep the broccolini. Wash broccolini and trim the tough ends, cutting any thick stalks in half lengthwise so that all the pieces are about the same diameter so that each piece cooks at the same rate.
- Season with oil and spices. Transfer to a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Add garlic powder, chili flakes (if using), kosher salt, and black pepper. Toss to thoroughly coat, using your hands or tongs to make sure that the florets are evenly coated with oil. Spread broccolini stalks out on the pan so they are in a single layer. This step ensures that it will roast and get crispy instead of steaming in the heat of the oven as the moisture from the broccolini is released.
- Roast broccolini. Transfer baking sheet to the oven and roast for 8-10 minutes – until crisp tender. Increase the heat to broil for 1-2 minutes for more charred bits if desired.
- Season again and serve. Remove from the oven and season to taste with more kosher salt if needed. Serve hot or warm, and enjoy!
As this recipe is written the broccolini will turn out crisp tender with slightly charred florets. If you want it to be more soft and tender when it’s done I would recommend roasting at 400 degrees F for 10-12 minutes, or briefly blanching it before roasting.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: broccoli, broccolini, vegetable side dish, side dish, gluten free, dairy free, whole30, paleo, vegan, healthy