These Whole30 sweet potato toast sandwiches are a delicious + portable Whole30 meal! Made with filling and fiber rich sweet potato toast in place of bread for a nutrient dense, satisfying breakfast, lunch, snack, or dinner! Totally customizable with your favorite sandwich fixings. Paleo, Whole30, Gluten free.
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes, cut into 1/4–1/2 inch thick planks or rounds
- Olive oil (optional)
- Your favorite sandwich fixings – I chose to use some Whole30 compliant oven roasted turkey, avocado, thinly sliced red onion, tomato, lettuce, and Whole30 compliant mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Cut sweet potatoes into desired slices – either lengthwise for a larger “sandwich” or into rounds for a slider style “sandwich”
- Lightly oil both sides of sweet potato if desired and place on lined baking sheet.
- Move to the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes – until tender and lightly toasted. The thicker the pieces, the longer they will take to bake.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Either store sweet potato toast until ready to use, or build your sandwich with desired fixings!
- Serve and enjoy!
The nutrition facts listed are only for the sweet potato toast. Any fixings added will change the nutrition details.
- Category: dinner
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: Whole30
Keywords: whole30, gluten free, paleo, dairy free, healthy, sweet potato, sandwich, meal prep