Whole30 breakfast sausage patties are delicious homemade sugar free breakfast recipe, whether you’re doing a Whole30 or not! Made with ground pork, herbs, green onions, salt and pepper. Easy to make and full of flavor! Whole30, paleo, keto friendly, gluten free.
- 2 pounds ground pork (or ground chicken, turkey, or beef)
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning or Whole30 compliant all purpose seasoning
- 2 teaspoons fresh sage, finely chopped or 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
3 or 4 green onions, sliced (optional)
- pinch of chili flakes (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Avocado oil, ghee,coconut oil, or lard for frying
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix thoroughly to combine. Form into about 16 small patties.
- Heat 2 tablespoons avocado oil, ghee, coconut oil, or lard in a cast iron or stainless steel skillet over medium high. Fry patties in batches, adding more oil if needed, for about 2 minutes per side depending on thickness. Cook until nicely browned and cooked through.
- Eat immediately, or move to the refrigerator until ready to re-heat and serve. These paleo sausage patties also freeze well and can be warmed in a skillet or microwave directly from the freezer.
To store: These whole30 compliant sausages can be stored already cooked, in the refrigerator for up to a week. Alternatively you can store the sausage mixture raw in the refrigerator (also for up to a week) until your ready to cook them.
To re-heat: To re-heat these breakfast sausages simple warm them in a pan over medium heat until heated through, or microwave for 30 seconds – 1 minute.
Freezing: These sausages freeze super well for easy breakfasts! To freeze lay them individually on a plate or a small cutting board and pop them in the freezer. When they’re frozen transfer to a freezer safe container and re-heat in the microwave for 2-3 minutes until hot.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: breakfast
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Whole30
Keywords: breakfast, whole30, paleo, gluten free, dairy free, keto, low carb, healthy, pork, sausage